As a creative professional, I love to craft compelling designs, but I can also engage my analytical side to create effective web structure and content to produce results. My versatile skill set combines artistic sensibilities with project management and practical know-how that can take a complicated project from concept to finished product. I have designed and developed marketing materials and websites for organizations that range from non-profits to nationally recognized corporations. I have also developed a variety of successful product lines with international placement at big box stores, mass market retailers and specialty gift shops.
My specialties include:
• Creative direction, art direction, project management and leadership skills
• Marketing collateral design and development – Adobe Creative Suite expert
• Advanced web design and development skills with knowledge of HTML/XHTML, CSS, and PHP
• CMS proficiency; WordPress, Drupal, ModX and Storefront
• Social media and web advertising
• Illustration/fine art skills in digital or traditional formats and diverse mediums
• Product development, art licensing and property licensing
• Surface design for a variety of products, specializing in paper products and textiles.
• Art sourcing and buying, trend research and forecasting, trend guide creation
• Apparel design, textile design, screen print and embroidery design
• International business experience and overseas factory production management
• Photography for print and web, advanced photo editing skills and digital animation
Owner/Creative Director ~ Studio Kitt
August 2007 – Present
Established and continue to maintain all facets of a successful design business specializing
in Creative and Art Direction for: marketing collateral, ads, catalogs, creation of brand
identities, copywriting, web design, product design/line development, seasonal licensed art, property licensing, surface design, apparel, textiles, embroidery, screen-printing, animation, photography, packaging, die lines and prototype creation.
End to end project management.
Adept illustration and fine art skills, both digital and traditional, with expertise in many mediums.
Co-Owner/Creative Director ~ K & K Design Studio
2009 – December 2016
South St. Paul, MN
Art licensing, product development and creative services.
For fresh designs that are on-trend, or classic art that will stand the test of time, K & K Design Studio offers a variety of art licensing options to fit your specific needs. Our designs and products have been licensed in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe and sold in major mass market and gift retailer locations.
Specializing in everyday and seasonal art and product design and development, we focus on surface design, paper products, home decor and giftware. Our design creations can range from one custom piece to an entire line. In addition to our extensive library of existing artwork, we also develop custom programs to fit specific design guidelines that meet your factory specifications.
Creative Director ~ Barrington Studios, Ltd.
October 2000 – April 2008
Nashua, NH • Minneapolis, MN • Barrington, IL • Los Angeles, CA • Hong Kong, China
Manufacturing, product development and design of seasonal gift packaging and paper products. Oversee all Art Department operations including development of core product lines, specialty lines, supervising in-house staff, delegating design and production work load, purchasing and licensing art with freelance artists and art agencies worldwide, as well as US and international trend research and forecasting.
Extensive experience working with overseas manufacturers from prototype stage through mass production, including packaging and quality standards to meet with stringent retailer requirements.
Advanced skills in project management, creation of prototypes, presentations, and custom line design and development. Frequently present and work directly with buyers through all stages of product line selection, development and production.
Art Director ~ Albarella Design
September 1996 – December 2001
South St. Paul, MN
Art Director, designer, illustrator and production artist – Work directly with clients to developand design marketing strategies including developing brand identity, catalogs, instructionalmaterials, packaging, products, sales materials, websites, DVD’s and video animation.
Designer/Art Director-Women’s and Children’s Division ~ FreshCaps Drew Pearson Marketing
1993 – August, 1996
Hopkins, MN • Dallas, TX
Product line design and line development for over 65 property licenses utilized for headwearand apparel, including Disney, Warner Bros and all major sports leagues. Embroidery andscreen-print knowledge for both domestic and overseas production.
EDUCATION & Credentials
• University of Kansas & Central Missouri State University – Visual Arts
• 2004 – 2008 Member – Color Marketing Group, International association for color design professionals
• Additional professional training and education in the areas of marketing, web design, fashion design, fashion merchandising, French and Spanish.
• Software: Expert/Daily Use – Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Animate and Acrobat)
• Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point
• Digital Photography
CORPORATE & FREELANCE CLIENTS INCLUDE…
AMC / Target Sourcing Services
Barrington Studios, Ltd.
Big Lots Incorporated
Bill Hicks & Co., Ltd.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Mountain Arts
Coldwell Banker Burnet
Costco Wholesale International
Cenex Harvest States
The Manhattan Toy Co.
Medtronic / Cardiocom
MHS Licensing & Consulting
Midwest of Cannon Falls / Ganz
NAPA Auto Parts
Paper Magic Group
Raz Imports, INC.
Robert Kaufman Fabrics
Solomon Real Estate Group